Saturday, December 24, 2011

Had to share this super simple idea/recipe

This week, I found pork chops on sale. They weren't boneless, they were different cuts. There was no consistency at all. Almost like those "spare" chops or maybe the "new guy" cut them lol. So I picked up a package, unsure what I was going to do with them. I usually grill my boneless chops, but these had bones, so I couldn't do that. I mulled over it for a few days. Finally I decided to experiment. I got the trusty crockpot out. I pulled out the pork chops, cut the package open, dusted each side with Lawry's Seasoned Salt, placed in the crockpot, turned it on high for 4 hours and went to work. (changed cooking time to 3 hours on high, 6 on low!) By the time I got home, of course they were falling apart BUT delicious! Even my 10 year old that doesn't like much of anything other than bean burritos loved them! Hubby said they were definitely a hit! The only thing I would change next time is the cooking time. One chop was on the dry side. Despite the fact that it made plenty of broth (and if I had made potatoes, I would have drained the juices and made pork gravy!!), one chops was dry. I will change the cooking time to 3 hours next time and I may check the chops at 2 hours. I may play with this recipe since cooking on low may be the answer so that it isn't done too soon before I get off work for lunch. I like my meals to take right at 4 hours so they are just finishing up about 11:30 when I head home from work!

1 comment:

  1. I need to try this. I will end up cooking mine on low for about 8 hours since we are away for 10 hours though. My crock pot switches to "warm" when it's done cooking for an indefinite amount of time so it should be fine. Naver made pork chops before...

    ReplyDelete