Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pork Loin! Watch for sales!

This week Kroger has boneless pork loins on sale for 1.99 a pound. I got one weighing a little over 3 pounds for about 7.00 (That's 3.50 a meal for our family!). I had the butcher cut it into 1/2" chops. I ended up with 2 trays of boneless pork chops. One had 7 and one had 6 chops. For the first tray, I sprinkled my favorite seasoning on them and grilled them on the George Foreman grill, served with some ranch style beans and BAM! Dinner was served! I can use the 2nd tray the same way, OR cook them in a pan with sauted onions and then smother them in salsa and mexican seasonings (Tex Mex Pork Chops-see recipe). Hubby has decided this week we'll have grilled pork chops twice, so that's our plan, but either way is healthy! Let me know what you think if you try it! I LOVE it when pork loins are on sale! I have several recipes for pork! It's another healthy option for low fat diets.

No comments:

Post a Comment