Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What I eat for breakfast

You need to eat breakfast everyday! I stick to my high protein, low fat, moderate carb (only healthy carbs) diet. Carbs give you energy and protein helps you to stay full longer.

Usually, I have 2 cups of coffee, 1 scrambled egg (egg white only if you REALLY wanna lose weight, but I am on maintenance) made with nonstick spray not butter, 1 piece of whole wheat toast with 1 tsp of peanut butter and sugar free strawberry preserves. (208 calories, 9 g fat, 21 g carbs, 11 g protein) the fat is a bit high, but this is about the only meal I eat with fat of any considerable amount.

In the winter, I like to make oatmeal with water, cinnamon, and sugar free syrup and have 2 cups of coffee!  (210 calories, 2.5 g fat, 40 g carbs, 6 g protein)

I steer away from cereal. If I eat cereal I eat something like fiber one or special K and add banans, strawberries, blueberries, etc and use skim milk. You will probably find that when you eat cereal, you will get hungry faster, become sleepy mid morning, get hungry before lunch, and crave carbs the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment