Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Baked Chicken Taquitos

With the Chicken Enchilada Filling I had made up, we ventured on a new recipe. I heated it in the microwave, just until heated. I dry cooked 8 corn tortillas on the stove top. I shredded the chicken filling in my NINJA!!! I place about a heaping tablespoon onto each tortilla and rolled it up as tight as I could (we dislike those chinchy taquitos with hardly any meat in them). I sprayed nonstick spray on the cookie sheet, placed all 8 taquitos seam side down, gave them all a quick spray on top with more nonstick spray, and baked them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. I tried to flip them over, but my filling was falling out, so I stopped lol.


Karen's Baked Chicken Taquitos

cals: 295kcal | fat: 3.41g | carbs: 34.00g | prot: 30.19g
low fat

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dice chicken breast meat. Saute chicken in pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Pour in salsa and cook until heated through. Remove chicken and salsa and shred chicken (I used a food processor to get mine very fine).
  2. Dry cook the tortillas in a small nonstick skillet. I cook each side for about 10 seconds. I just watch the tortilla and as it is done, the edges lay down flat. You can also steam them in the microwave for about 30 seconds wrapped in moist paper towels.
  3. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Lay your tortillas on the cookie sheet. Place approx. 1 Tbsp filling mix in each tortilla. Roll up tightly and place seam down on cookie sheet. DO NOT LET TORTILLAS TOUCH or they will stick together. Spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
  4. Bake in oven preheated to 400 degrees for 15 minutes, turning once about 1/2 way through cycle. Serve with salsa, guacamole, light sour cream, and/or refried beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment