Sunday, November 13, 2011

Can't go wrong when pork loin is on sale!

Again, this week pork loin was on sale for 1.99 a pound. I bought a 4 pound pork loin for about 8.00. I had the butcher cut it up in to chops between 1/4" and 1/2" (1/2" are too thick for me and 1/4" are too thin). I ended up with 2 trays (I had to ask for it to be divided among 2 trays. If you are eating/cooking for just you, you can even ask for 3-4 trays!). One had 8 and one had 7 chops.

Yesterday we had grilled pork chops. I seasoned these pork chops with Montreal Steak Seasoning and Lawry's Season Salt. I preheated my George Foreman Grill (I saw these on sale at Ross last night for like 20.00 for the big ones!) and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. I placed my chops on the grill on the first side and cooked them for about 4 minutes. I turned them over and cooked for an additional 4-5 minutes or until they were cooked. I know you aren't suppposed to have to turn the food in a George Foreman Grill, but I can't help it! We ate them with some rice a roni. Not exactly a healthy side, but it worked for us yesterday. We are having them again tonight. I need some new healthy side recipes, but until then, hubby likes mac and cheese, so that's what we'll have. Since pork chops are so healthy, it really is a nice balance, but it could be soooo much healthier with a good healthy side like broccoli or green beans. I am just out of those right now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I seasoned my chops right in the tray!

I grilled the first side for 4 minutes

I grilled the other side for 4-5 mnutes

No comments:

Post a Comment