Sunday, November 6, 2011

Yesterday I took 5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts and made 4 meals! I made:
Baked Chicken Tenders, Chicken Enchilada Filling, Black Bean Chicken Chimichanga Filling, and Chicken Parmesan!
We ate the tenders.
I froze the Parmesan patties until I cook them. All I will have to do is defrost them, heat spaghetti sauce, place in pan, pour sauce over, top with mozzarella cheese, and bake! I will add black beans to the chicken and salsa mixture and roll up in large tortillas to make the Black Bean and Chicken Chimichangas. Finally, I will heat tortillas and roll the last of the chicken and salsa into enchiladas. Then I will top them with Green Chile Enchilada Sauce and cheese and bake, making Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas!

It took me 1 hour to make all these meal AND clean up!
 Today, I am making my first freezer meal. The other day I found chicken quarters on sale for 5.90 for a 10 pound bag. I made 3 freezer meals of my Crockpot Chicken and Veggies from this chicken! Normally I would spend 4.50-5.00 for a whole chicken! I feel vindicated from spending a lot of time of pinterest.com! Now I feel as if I haven't wasted that time hahahha! 
 Well dinner was a complete success! It was just as if I had put it all together today and cooked it! We ate every bit of it. Since I used 3 chicken quarters instead of a whole chicken, there was not excess, no leftovers, and plenty to eat! PERFECT!



No comments:

Post a Comment