Thursday, November 24, 2011

Eating for the Holidays

Since I don't celebrate Holidays, I don't have to worry about this too much, but the temptations are still all around me. But I thought I'd share what I WOULD eat if I were to partake in a large meal like many of you will today.

Traditionally, there will be turkey and/or ham. Choose the turkey breast meat and remove the skin.
Eat the vegetable casserole (green bean, squash, yam -but remove the marshmallows from the yams if it's prepared that way).
Skip the potatoes and try to have no more than a cup of dressing. My mom makes giblet gravy with cornstarch, so this is a good choice or "lesser of two evils" lol.
Cranberry sauce................I don't eat it. Check the labels and see if it's full of sugar. I bet it is since cranberries are so tart. I bet the "jellied" kind that slides out of the can and wiggles for you will be worse than the kind with the little cranberries actually in it.
Skip the rolls or bread (you are having dressing already).
Get the unsweet tea or water. Save your calories for the important stuff............DESSERTS!
Desserts..............just pick one or two, or share one of each with someone else!

AFTER LUNCH OR DINNER OR WHENEVER YOU EAT, GO FOR A WALK! TURKEY MAKES YOU SLEEPY, SO DON'T LAY DOWN ON THE COUCH AND WAKE UP HOURS LATER! GO PLAY SOME TOUCH FOOTBALL! DO FAMILIES EVEN PLAY TOUCH FOOTBALL ANYMORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment